- Back pain became a part of life when humans started walking upright, rather than on all fours. The vertebrae were never really designed to deal with walking upright.
- Pain in the middle of your back, which becomes worse after eating, could indicate a stomach ulcer.
- The spine is like a central scaffolding for the rest of the body. The skull, the ribs, the pelvis and the limbs are attached to it.
- Back pain can also be the result of abscesses, blood clots or tumours in other organs near the spine.
- Back pain is the most common cause of job-related disability, a leading contributor to missed work, and the second most common neurological ailment — only headache is more common.
- Back pain is the most frequent cause of activity limitation in people younger than 45 years old.
- With conservative measures, the symptoms of low back pain typically show significant improvement within…
View original post 305 more words